Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cloth Diapers

















OK, I know some of you may think I'm crazy, but I started cloth diapering Michael full-time when we got back from Florida. It's been ten days and I'm still not fed up with it, so that's good news! I actually really like it and am so excited to not have to keep buying disposables every few weeks! I started cloth diapering Paige when we lived in Northern Virginia a year and a half ago and there was a 2 hour window when it was possible (with traffic) to actually get to Target in a reasonable amount of time and I wasn't brave enough to even try to go to Walmart. I ordered some cloth ones online and then she up and potty-trained herself. I decided to give it a try with Michael and here's what I've got (pics in order above):

  • 8 bumgenius one-size (I had some for Paige and got the rest from a 1/2 price sale at www.cottonbabies.com )
  • 2 thirsties covers
  • 6 indian and 6 chinese prefolds (I don't have a preference yet...)
  • 1 snappi (instead of pins with the prefolds)
  • thirsties wipes
  • bumgenius bottom spray, plus spray bottles of water
  • bummis diaper tote

Mike is already a bit on the chunky side, so he really doesn't fit into his shorts or pants with these on, so I got him some t-shirts (not onesies--hard to find!) and most days, he hangs out in these cute diapers and Ts and I love it :)

1 comments:

kristenita said...

I would totally do cloth diapers if I had my own washer/dryer!!