Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Broken Thumb!

We've had some excitement this week... James went out of town Sunday, so I went to church by myself, brought the Nursery snack, and taught the Young Women's lesson. We got home and I was pretty exhausted already. About five minutes after we got home, I heard a door slam and Michael scream. Apparently, Ashley wanted some privacy in the bathroom and Michael kept trying to get in. Unfortunately, his thumb was in the little hole that the door shuts into when the door was shut. I called James at the airport and he suggested neosporin and a bandaid. I didn't think he understood the severity of the situation over the phone (the ripped-off thumbnail and the gushing blood, especially), so we all loaded in the car and rushed off to Urgent Care where they took x-rays and said it was broken and put some foam thing on it to stop all the bleeding. Michael charmed all the nurses and was entertained by Paige with a blown-up glove for a really long time.
We went to the orthopedist yesterday and he said it's broken, but it will heal just fine and he put another splint and a bandaid on it. I'm not sure if I trust him, but the pediatrician called today to check on him, so I think I might go in and see what they think.
Here's my sweet little guy:
I can't do a post without a picture of cute little Douglas!

0 comments: