Monday, July 14, 2008

Six Month Check-Up

Michael had his 6 month check-up today and here are his stats:
Height: 281/4 inches (100th percentile)
Weight: 17 lbs 12 oz (65th percentile)
Likes:
- Real food-mashed up bananas, avacados, sweet potatoes, and carrots. The only jarred foods he likes are pears and applesauce.
- Anything that's not his toy...phones, my wallet, cords, paper
- Pulling hair...hard
- Growling at James (I'm actually a litlle worried because he does not babble at all but does growl, say "ahhhhhh" and laugh a lot. I talked to the pediatrician today and she said if he doesn't start in the next few weeks we'll have his hearing re-tested and think about starting speech therapy. I'd love to see speech therapy for a seven month old!)
- Being held--he is such a snuggler and LOVES it when I hold him. I've been using the sling a lot and he loves to help me make dinner and get little bites of the food. He actually gets his feelings hurt if I make eye contact with him and then don't pick him up. He's really sweet!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

He's so adorable Amelia! And looks like he's getting lots of love from his sisters :-) Also, I doubt Michael has a hearing loss but feel free to pick my brain about it at any time if you'd like. Ella has a hearing loss and she growled a lot as an infant but her speech has developed really normally and hasn't needed speech path. at all yet. Most likely though, Michael just likes the sound of it :-)

Heather said...

Dear Mikey,
I can't wait to get my hands on you this week. I'm going to kiss your chubby little tummy and snuggle you every chance I get. I can't wait.

xoxo, Auntie Heather