Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Conversations with Paige

Paige is my thinker...and planner...and worrier. She has always said the funniest things, and lately, I can tell she's really trying to figure everything out.

Last night before bed, she asked, "Mom, how can you tell if a boy is righteous?"
Me: What do you mean?
P: Well, I really want to marry a boy who's righteous, but I don't know how to tell. I have a couple boys in mind...
Me: Really--who??
P: It's a secret...I can't tell you.
Me: You can tell me anything.
P: No, it's a really big secret. I can't tell you. Mom, do I have to have a baby?
Me: No, you don't have to.
P: Does it hurt a LOT?
Me: Yeah, it hurts, but it's worth it. It only hurts for a little while and then you have a baby forever.
P: What if I don't want a baby in my belly?
Me: You could adopt a baby.
P: No, I mean, do I just tell God, "No, thank you."
Me: Um, kind of...
P: But what if I had a boy baby? What would I name him? I mean, there are lots of pretty girl names, but what would I name a boy?
Me: Maybe your husband would have an idea.
P: MAYbe...

Oh, Paige, I love you. I hope your husband will be righteous and a good listener. He's not going to be able to get many words in anyways...

2 comments:

Krista said...

Ha!!! That's hilarious! I seriously laughed! That was the cutest conversation I have ever heard. I love how she's a thinker...what a sweetheart!

Lauren said...

I am thinking of adopting Paigey.