Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School 2010

Both girls started school this morning! Kindergarten is full-day here, so they're both gone all day :( Paige isn't heartbroken, though, she is SO EXCITED to finally get to see what it's all about. Over breakfast this morning, Paige asked Ashley all kinds of questions about the different specials classes (art, music, PE), lunch, and everything else she could think of. It was fun to have Ashley be able to answer her questions and help her get excited, even though Ashley was pretty nervous about the start of a new year, a new classroom, new kids, etc. Ashley does know a few people in her class, but there are five second grade classrooms, so there will be a lot of new friends to meet.




Ready to walk in. This is the last picture I could take of Ashley. I tried to get one in front of her classroom (and I wanted one with her teacher), but there were already kids in there and she didn't want any more pictures!
Paige didn't care one bit! Here she is in front of her new classroom.
I think Paige comes up to her new teacher's shoulder...We're really excited about this teacher and think she'll be great!
Here they are!
Michael stole my camera on the way out. Here's one of Ashley's favorite teachers from last year feeling my belly! We went to the park where I tried my best not to cry in front of the other moms there.
Michael had a blast, but was a little lonely until some friends showed up.
We'll see what the girls say about school when they get home. I hope they're having a great time!

0 comments: