Friday, December 4, 2009

New Camera

On Black Friday, I found what I thought was a great deal on the Canon Digital Rebel, but then I did some research (after buying it...) and found out that I actually only saved around $30 on what I could buy it for on amazon. I'm trying to figure out if I should keep it or not. I've been wanting a dSLR camera for a few years, but I don't know if this is THE ONE or if I should keep waiting and find a better deal on a better camera-it's the XS, not the XSi. I really just want to be able to take great pictures of my kids. I would love advice from anyone with an opinion on dSLR cameras!

Since I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not, I haven't opened the instruction book. Here are the pics I took messing around with the buttons.




One of our family friends made these ornaments as the favors for our wedding. Coming up on 9 years!





3 comments:

kristenita said...

I am a Nikon girl. I've got a D50 & love it... Though I'm ready for an upgrade... D3x if I had the money.
But for sure I'm gonna stick with Nikon.

Corinne said...

Amelia-we just bought a dSLR after lots of research and talking to people who use SLRs. We settled on the Canon Rebel T1i. We found the best deal on Amazon. It's not much more expensive than the XSi but it has 15 megapixels as opposed to 12 and a big selling point for us, it can shoot video. We're really used to doing that with our point and shoot so we thought we'd miss that feature. So far, we're REALLY happy with it! Ritz camera offers classes for $15 so we're planning to take one or two of those soon too. Anyway, I hope that helps!!

Corinne

Heather said...

after spending too much on a big fancy camera i have never been happier than when joseph told me he won a an elph camera at a golf tourney. I personally think they are too big to lug around and take the kind of pics I take. And you know me, I would rather spend money on jeans, shoes, handbags, makeup, etc. HAHAHA :) The good news is that your kids are so cute it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have. love you. can't wait to see you in a few weeks. xoxoxox