Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Idea

Homemade Cranberry Sauce
2 tsp corn starch
2 T fresh squeezed orange juice
2 c fresh cranberries
1 c sugar (you can add an extra ½ c if you like it really sweet)
½ c water
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 ½ tsp orange zest (finely grated orange peel)
In a small bowl whisk corn starch and orange juice. Set aside. Simmer remaining ingredients for five minutes. Bring to a boil. Whisk. Add starch mixture. Simmer for 3-5 minutes longer, stirring infrequently. Pour into jars. Makes three 8 oz. jars.

If you are looking for something to give to a teacher or friend for Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law, Lauren gave me this recipe for homemade cranberry sauce and it is delicious! I'm not a huge cranberry sauce fan, but I love this one. I made a triple batch last night and gave the girl's teachers each one today--I wrote "I'm so thankful for you! Love, Ashley/Paige" on the little sticker, but if I had had more time and my scrapbooking stuff out of boxes, it would have been really cute to make a tag to tie on the ribbon. Let me know if you try it out!

1 comments:

Queeey said...

This sounds yummy. I will have to try this. Tell Lauren "Hi!" from me.